Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prix De L’Arc October 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

All of her four wins were on good/firm.
    3/1 for a horse that needs to be supplemented, six weeks before the race, ground unknown, opposition unknown, draw unknown?

I was at The Curragh when she won under perhaps the coolest jockey performances I've seen in my 49 years racing.

It is good the race is back at Longchamp where there is a strong draw bias, where ground conditions can vary enormously, and Japanese hype skew the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

All of her four wins were on good/firm.
    3/1 for a horse that needs to be supplemented, six weeks before the race, ground unknown, opposition unknown, draw unknown?

I was at The Curragh when she won under perhaps the coolest jockey performances I've seen in my 49 years racing.

It is good the race is back at Longchamp where there is a strong draw bias, where ground conditions can vary enormously, and Japanese hype skew the market.

I don't have any evidence to back it up. But I would say there is much more of a draw bias at the 12f start in Chantilly than Longchamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I'm kind of in agreement with both camps re Sea Of Class.

She has the right profile, a very classy 3yo filly with a turn of foot at the business end of a 12f race. The style and substance is there but a worry about the value of her form ( through Coronet ) means that there's little point in rushing out to back her until closer to her actually being confirmed a runner. I do see Sea Of Class as being a horse who can raise her game as the company gets better.

Cracksman ( soft ground and is being aimed at the Arc ) and Enable are older monsters with a lot to prove this year and Gosden has an embarrassment of riches with La Ti Dar having arguably put up a better effort than Sea Of Class at York. At least La Ti Dar is being pointed towards the Vermielle and then the Arc. She does lack battling experience but the Vermielle will be a big help in getting her prepped for the big one.

The Godolphin horses are a threat, although identifying the right one will be a problem.

The French horses lack the current form to win the Arc but the Arc Trials will bring out the French challenge and they will be trained to the moment for the Arc while the English and Irish horses go to the Arc as something of an afterthought. Maybe a miracle can happen and Cloth Of Stars will recover his Arc form from last year.

The O'Brien team are getting back to form and that changes the picture from their very slim chances of winning an Arc on current form. Old Order Of St George is likely to place at a big price if he gets to a soft ground Arc. The Irish Champions weekend is likely to produce a big drop in prices for an Arc horse or two.

The 2 Stoute horses that dominated the King George finish have the best 12f form in Europe this year, Poet's Word has a good ground Arc covered and Crystal Ocean is very much being primed for an Arc run on any ground. I don't really like Crystal Ocean but his King George form is top drawer stuff.

At the moment the Stoute horses should be dominating the market.

Advertisement