Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of IUI and sperm donation

• 28-08-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some help, I am hoping to move forward with IUI on my own at the end of this year. Obviously I would need donor sperm and I was just wondering if anyone could give me rough cost of price? I know pricing will be different depending on each individual case but I'm just looking for a ball park figure so I know if I am in a position to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

Hi all

Just looking for some help, I am hoping to move forward with IUI on my own at the end of this year. Obviously I would need donor sperm and I was just wondering if anyone could give me rough cost of price? I know pricing will be different depending on each individual case but I'm just looking for a ball park figure so I know if I am in a position to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

Hiya, sorry you've been a long time waiting for a reply and have probably figured it out by yourself by now. When doing IUI with donor sperm they usually suggest you order 3 straws of sperm (enough for 3 IUIs). So the first IUI would cost you around 4k and each preceeding one just over 1k (as you'd already have the sperm). That's at the most expensive though, using ovulation induction and an open extended profile donor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi all

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bump the thread, I Know its been nearly a year since you posted, but I was just interested to know how you got on?

I did IUI 4 years ago, although not through sperm donation. I'm always interested in how others get on with IUI. We may have to go again if we decide to try for another baby, although I hope not, but we will see.
    I hope it went well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump the thread, I Know its been nearly a year since you posted, but I was just interested to know how you got on?

I did IUI 4 years ago, although not through sperm donation. I'm always interested in how others get on with IUI. We may have to go again if we decide to try for another baby, although I hope not, but we will see.
    I hope it went well for you!

I actually just ordered the donor sperm today and am due to start medicated IUI in October

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I actually just ordered the donor sperm today and am due to start medicated IUI in October

Best of luck to you!! I hope it goes really well. My husband and I did our IUI in October 2015 and we were very lucky that it worked first time for us. I was almost 39 at the time and was given a 12% chance of it working. So we were shocked and thrilled that it worked so fast.

Advertisement