Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good vegan cream?

Options
  • 28-08-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was hoping that someone here could help. My boss is vegan and I'm trying to find her a good, vegan, cream that will work for a proper Irish coffee. The problem is that her alternatives like almond milk won't float properly on the top like it should with whole milk. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated for a vegan cream that will float and mix with the right consistency!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

I can't help you directly but here's a thought: make a Bailey's Almande coffee instead maybe?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Soy is the best for coffee, cappucinos etc. Oat is good too.

For an actual cream product you can buy something like this from health food shops, it also comes in a can you can just spray:

soyatoo-soy-whip-300ml-01-500-o-500x500.jpg

or whip coconut milk/cream and add sugar or agave syrup to it.

You can also make whipped cream from aquafaba but i'm not sure much prep will be going in at work haha.
    https://thehiddenveggies.com/aquafaba-whipped-cream-vegan-cool-whip/
    IMG_1592-1024x683.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Thanks for your help! A chef friend of mine recommended aquafaba also, so I might try that too

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Oatley do a nice single cream, its oat based.

Alpro do a single soy cream too. I think these are available supermarkets, the alpro one is for sure in tescos, might have to go to a health store for the oat.

Advertisement