Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime 30 day trial

Options
  • 28-08-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Posting a query for my brother in law. Copied and pasted below. Any help greatly appreciated.

It says on the home page that us open is on prime.

There is an offer to watch for 30 days free trial also. Can i click into it and watch no strings attached?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I did it recently for Prime Day. The thirty day trial is for the “full” Amazon Prime - I put “full” in quotations because there are several benefits, such as Prime Music, not available to ROI customers. It’s relatively easy to sign up for as long as you already have payment details registered with Amazon.co.uk

You need to beware that it’s up to you to cancel before the thirty days are up or you will be billed. Also, they will ask you if you are sure you want to cancel. Really sure. Really really sure. Absolutely sure. You will be screaming “I am sure!!!!” at the laptop when it’s up.

Remember you have to sign up on amazon.co.uk. If you sign up on PrimeVideo.com it’s a seven day trial to PrimeVideo only. (But it’s cheaper - only €2.99 per month for the first six months instead of the equivalent of Stg£7.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Just a note, when I went to cancel it offered me another 30 days free, so make sure to do that.

I've kept it, imo it's a bargain. €9 a month for prime deliveries (so free, next day) and a TV service that's rapidly improving and getting better and better shows, and has 4k and HDR. To get 4k and HDR on Netflix is €14 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Depends on your taste I suppose but I got Prime Video for the US Open and the selection of movies and programmes is dismal.

Advertisement