Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU resident, UK-based travel-insurance

Options
  • 28-08-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭

Not being an Irish resident, I don't have the great choice ye lads have for worldwide annual travel insurance. For some reason, other than Revolut's Irish-based insurance, which doesn't cover the travelley bits of travelling, the best offers I'm seeing are from UK-based companies.

Is anyone else here in a similar situation, and have you made enquiries as to whether the insurance company has put anything in place to ensure that the policy remains in force post-Brexit? I asked the question of one company, but got only a blah-blah reply that seems to be meant to reassure British residents that their British policy will pay out if their British flights/ferries don't run! :D

I don't really want to pay a French company over 500€ for medical cover of just $20k :eek: in the States, and I've never yet needed insurance so will probably take a chance on the politicians coming to some arrangement ... but I'd still like to know if any UK provider is actually doing something proactive about this?

Advertisement