Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this and how do I get it out of my wall

Options
  • 27-08-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Our new apartment has these wall fittings in a few places and I'm wondering how to get them out and repair the wall.

2KKH9.jpg

Thanks a mill.

Wag

z8AAi0o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Pictures tiny, can't really see it. Are they in every room? Check with the management company first before you remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Bigger picture and also something else in photo to better understand the size/scale (pen, finger, coin) would help

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭17togo

They look like wrawl plug type of things (the metal ones, for holding more weight). I used them in my house. To get them put in a screw only about 2 or 3 threads deep, so it doesn't expand the plug. Then use a claw hammer to take it out as if you were taking out a nail. You'll obviously need filler in the wall then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 The Wagster

I'll try to get a better picture tonight. It's a little under a centimeter across and, yes, is for bearing more weight for hanging pictures. I've just had a look around Woody's but couldn't find anything like it as they all screw in whereas this must have been hammered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Yep, looks like a plasterboard fixing.

Can be a pain to remove, I normally just drill them out, then push whatever is left behind the plasterboard back in and they should just fall in the cavity.

Then standard wall filler and paint, probably have to paint thw whole wall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

thats a plaster board fixing,

Was the wall finished ? i.e is it plastered ?

They are necessary to keep the Plasterboard from falling down.

what level of finish is the apartment at, and why was this not picked up in the snag ?

Advertisement