Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO SPACE only application manager. file manager and phone

Options
  • 27-08-2018 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

NO SPACE only application manager. file manager and phone, this is what im getting on my phone. Its a cheap acatel phone and seemed to be maxed out at 2g. I only need this for work. I would just buy another upgrade but theres msgs in it i need to keep for work purposes. I have deleted 95% of my pics, screenshots etc.. and also deleted most my call history and some un needed txtx. I have disabled alot of apps but somehow its still on 2g maxed out. Does anyone know way to get this memory down so i can install a back up app for my txts ad maybe look into getting an upgrade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Could you take screenshots of the messages to back them up? Then get a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If you can try back them up using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync - it backs up to your gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

GBX wrote: »
    If you can try back them up using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync - it backs up to your gmail.

Will that not use up more space

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Go to settings>Apps

Click on Google Play Store>Storage, press clear data and clear cache
    Do the same for Google Play Services

I mention those 2 because I find they cache a lot of data

Do the same for other apps you have if you don't mind loosing the data and setting for those apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Another resource hog is the full Facebook Messenger app.  If you use it, try getting the Lite version.  I'd tried moving photos and all kinds of things off my internal memory to reclaim some  space, then realised Messenger was the culprit.  Found out about the Lite version and it made all the difference.  (The installation did all the necessary uninstalling for me, all my messages were still there, and I couldn't tell the difference apart from the freed space!

• Advertisement
Advertisement