Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread banned from a thread, where I received no infraction or warning

Options
  • 26-08-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

I am appealing a thread ban in AH from the two Pope threads that are currently under discussion.

I have already made efforts with the mod in question but they are resolute in their decision.

First of all, I am banned from making any posts in a thread that I have been infracted or had a warning's. I made 3 posts in that thread, none of them was an issue. So, why have I been banned from making further posts in a thread that I have no warnings or infractions in?

Secondly, my infraction in the other Pope thread is unwarranted given the conduct and type of posts that have been allowed in that thread.

It seems the moderator in question is happy to let low level trolling pass because it suits his own point of view. I have also reported libelous posts but no action has been taken.

I request that someone look into this matter please.

Mark
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Help Desk as thread bans are not dealt with in the DR forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well, you admitted yourself that it was for "one post" to me in PMs, now none of your posts are an issue? Can't even keep your story straight.

It was trolling and hugely off-topic (SF? That was brought up purely to troll IMO).

I had a policy of banning people from both threads because otherwise anyone would just go into the other thread and continue. You say I can't do that, yet the charter says:
    We moderators will use our discretion when warning, banning or infracting posters.

So yes, I can. And I stand by it.

As for bias, I didn't ban many at all yesterday - I threadbanned one after personal insults (further posting resulted in a forum ban) and I gave a permanent ban for a disgusting comment that also got an admin siteban I believe. Not my fault those comments were made, and I stand by those bans too.

Advertisement