Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water not working

Options
  • 26-08-2018 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Help. I just bought a house. Oil fired central heating is working ok at heating the rads but not the water. Immersion switch doesn’t heat water either. I have no hot water. Hot press looks like this. That’s a Myerson power extra thing. I’ve tried fiddling with the manual and auto settings but nothing doing. Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

You will need to take some better pictures of your hot press for anyone to fully know the setup you have.

Timeclock to control your rads?
    Single channel or two channel?
    What is your cylinder stat set to?
    Is there one or two motorised valves installed? (white Myson valve in your picture)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Firstly, you need to locate the heating fill valve and pressure gauge.your looking for 1 to 1.25 bar on the gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Check the round red valve under the red expansion vessel.
    See if it turns, anti-clockwise to open, clockwise to close, it should be positioned open approx one and a half rotation from fully closed.

Advertisement