Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Scratch / Bite Thailand

Options
  • 26-08-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Looking at booking some tours from phuket as part of my Thailand/Vietnam trip . I see from the phuket excursions its possible to come in contact with Monkeys. Im not bothered by this and would kind of like to see them but Im worried about getting a bite or scratch off one of the little feckers and catching something. Is this something I should be weary of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your biggest threats is other humans - if people give food to the wild monkeys then the chances are that they will approach you looking for food and could become aggressive when you have nothing for them. I would avoid contact with animals of any kind in Asia, there is always the possibility of getting rabies from a bite.

You said you're doing excursions, your tour guide is the best source for local information. And you can always stay on the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The monkeys won't bother you, if you don't bother them.

Been to Thailand many times over the past 8 years, came across many monkeys. If you want to feed them, throw the food in their direction (never try to hand feed them and tbh avoid feeding them fullstop).

If you want to be safe, don't interact / feed them. Simple as... they'll be more interested in attacking the eejits with food in their hands.

Advertisement