Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Milan?

• 25-08-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Heading to Milan for a week.

Any advice on what to do there??

Tickets booked for La Scala.

Hoping to catch a Seria A game in the San Siro and possibly catch a Champions League game midweek along with a tour of the museum.

I have been told all the action is down at the canal restaurants wise etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Go see Leonardo da Vincis Last Supper- book now as there are very limited tickets

Good idea to go to the San Siro but just be wary of going to the terraces where the ultras are. Lots of Nazi tattoos on display and some of them dont take kindly to foreigners. Its fine in the main stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Go see Leonardo da Vincis Last Supper- book now as there are very limited tickets

Good idea to go to the San Siro but just be wary of going to the terraces where the ultras are. Lots of Nazi tattoos on display and some of them dont take kindly to foreigners. Its fine in the main stands.

Ta

Unfortunately The Last Supper seems to booked up well into October/November according to the official website!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

^
    Im not surprised, when I was there years back The Last Supper actually wasnt all that popular. Then Dan Browns Da Vinci Code came along and suddenly it became booked out for months in advance with amateur sleuths trying to see if they could find Mary Magdalene in the painting :D

Im pretty sure some of Da Vincis other works are in Milan, I forget the name of the museum.

Would you consider doing any day or ovenight trips out of Milan? It is a fine city but I dont think it has enough to fill 7 days. If you rent a car you can be in Lake Como in 2 hours, spend a night and return the next day. Modena is also about 2 hours from Milan, if you like fast cars then visit the Ferrari museum. Lots of other good options only a few hours from Milan. We rented a car from the airport and got on the motorway pretty easy from there. Italian driving can be hairy at times but its a lot of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ^
    Im not surprised, when I was there years back The Last Supper actually wasnt all that popular. Then Dan Browns Da Vinci Code came along and suddenly it became booked out for months in advance with amateur sleuths trying to see if they could find Mary Magdalene in the painting :D

Im pretty sure some of Da Vincis other works are in Milan, I forget the name of the museum.

Would you consider doing any day or ovenight trips out of Milan? It is a fine city but I dont think it has enough to fill 7 days. If you rent a car you can be in Lake Como in 2 hours, spend a night and return the next day. Modena is also about 2 hours from Milan, if you like fast cars then visit the Ferrari museum. Lots of other good options only a few hours from Milan. We rented a car from the airport and got on the motorway pretty easy from there. Italian driving can be hairy at times but its a lot of fun :)

Defo consider the day trip to Lake Como.

Not sure whither to book a day trip in advance or not?

Thanks for all your help!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Milan has great connections via rail to Lake Como and other destinations in northern Italy. The trains may look grubby on the outside but they're clean inside and run on time.

If you're going to a match in San Siro, ask some of the locals or the cops for advice on which section of the stadium to go to as a visitor. I found a father with his two sons and asked them, one of them had perfect English. I think they suggested red second level and I was in a neutral zone with family groups but don't rely on that, ask on the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement