Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to recover data from Galaxy S6 Boot Cycle

Options
  • 25-08-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

My Galaxy S6 applied an update during the week and it's made a balls of my phone. It kept rebooting or shutting off.

Today, it's not even getting past the boot screen (either gets stuck on the SAMSUNG or Three screens). I can get it to recovery mode to a factory reset is hopefully an option.

However, I really want to access and backup photos and other data before I do that.

Is this possible with the phone like this?

Comments

Hi all.

My Galaxy S6 applied an update during the week and it's made a balls of my phone. It kept rebooting or shutting off.

Today, it's not even getting past the boot screen (either gets stuck on the SAMSUNG or Three screens). I can get it to recovery mode to a factory reset is hopefully an option.

However, I really want to access and backup photos and other data before I do that.

Is this possible with the phone like this?

XDA developers is the best place to ask. You can definitely do it with a custom recovery using adb commands, but I don't know with stock recovery.

Do you get an adb connection when connected to your pc in recovery mode?

Advertisement