Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 router - NAT loopback/hairpinning

Options
  • 25-08-2018 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I have an F2000 router with EIR. I need to enable NAT loopback but can't see anyway of enabling it through the routers settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

redgar wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an F2000 router with EIR. I need to enable NAT loopback but can't see anyway of enabling it through the routers settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,

Why don't you bridge it and add a better router. This is the setup I have. I find it gives me much more control and a better firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Why don't you bridge it and add a better router. This is the setup I have. I find it gives me much more control and a better firewall.

I really didn't want to go out an purchase another router. If there is no way of setting up NAT loopback on the F2000 then I guess I have no other option. Just to confirm, can NAT loopback be setup on the F2000?

Or is there any other workarounds without having to get another router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm not sure, I've got one but always had it bridged. Residential routers are very locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From a quick google it seems its not something Huawei implement on their HG series.

Potentially bypassable with a hosts file edit? For home use that shouldnt be too burdensome.

Advertisement