Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown champions day SEP 2018

Options
  • 25-08-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi lads .. anybody know is there are anyway of getting free tickets for champions day on the Saturday at leopardstown.. Paddy power text for tickets not happening this year. I would appreciate any help.. thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 millbrook200

R

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The free tickets forum usually have a few

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

For €30 just turn up on the day and buy it yourself and support the race day/weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

ziggy wrote: »
    Can people not spend their hard earned however they like? Who are you to tell them otherwise?

Who are you to look for free tickets to go on the piss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

In all fairness lads. Would you go onto the GAA forum looking for free tickets to a championship match?

This is one of the premier days of the year. If you can't pay to get into see the cream of the crop it's all a matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Hi lads .. anybody know is there are anyway of getting free tickets for champions day on the Saturday at leopardstown.. Paddy power text for tickets not happening this year. I would appreciate any help.. thanks..

We get free tickets sent to us by all the racecourses (my company supplies each to all the tracks). I would never go looking for free tickets for racing or to any event. I always get looked after, which is great, but Jesus if free tickets is what it takes to get people to go racing then the industry really is in trouble.

If there’s a gig on in a pub you hardly ask for free drink when you go in do you? It’s a terrific couple of days racing and €30 is cheap for what’s on offer on the Saturday at Leopardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

convert wrote: »
    For €30 just turn up on the day and buy it yourself and support the race day/weekend.

I don't really disagree with the OP, if he/she's stingy so be it. However, in regards supporting the race day that's a joke. You hear all this and that about how racing needs to be supported but in reality the bookmakers are very happy to support it if regular punters can't.

I'm a pro punter and I speak at gamblers anonymous meetings here and there in various parts of Ireland and the stories are devastating. People are losing hundreds of thousands every single day in ireland, never mind the uk so if the average joe doesn't pay to see the curragh are whatever, don't worry the bookies will foot the bill, they are making so much they will gladly make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Your a pro punter speaking at Gamblers Anonymous? Seriously? I thought you’d be banned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

BumperD wrote: »
    Your a pro punter speaking at Gamblers Anonymous? Seriously? I thought you’d be banned!

That's right I was asked. 97%/98% of people lose as expected. I worked in psychology at a well know rehab in Ireland and I was asked to explain my views to people in need. All in all without details my advice is not to gamble full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paddy Power doing the text tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Paddy Power doing the text tomorrow.
    Tried that, nothing?

It came out late this evening but isn't live it seems yet, I got a "please insert text...." text back (I'll post up in the morning).

Still doesn't seem to be Live yet

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

Everyone very judgemental here....

Hardly the way to encourage someone to come back to post again.

None of you know the persons circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

PP text worked here just now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

PP text worked here just now anyway

ppracing to 50100? That's what it was last year, just looking to know because that doesn't seem to have worked for me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

FatRat wrote: »
    ppracing to 50100? That's what it was last year, just looking to know because that doesn't seem to have worked for me there.

Try "Saturday" to 50100

I sent "PPRACING" and "Saturday", one of the two worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Tickets gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Might be done because I sent the message a few hours ago with no response.

Saturday to 50100 for Leop or Sunday to 50100 for Curragh ones

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Try "Saturday" to 50100

I sent "PPRACING" and "Saturday", one of the two worked!
    Boom, me sorted.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

I got 2 from PP for Leopardstown
    Unable to go now
    Does anybody want them?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

roverjoyce wrote: »
    I got 2 from PP for Leopardstown
    Unable to go now
    Does anybody want them?

I'll take them if still going. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

Gone to Zarkander

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Gone to Zarkander

Thanks Roverjoyce, really appreciate it.

Advertisement