Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation on Repeat Exam

Options
  • 25-08-2018 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

In the middle of my repeats. I failed 2 modules one with 36% one with 20%, i was wondering if i pass the module that is currently at 20% and fail the other one will i then be eligible for compensation on that module as it states you need to have no modules lower than 35%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

SaltyBrew wrote: »
    In the middle of my repeats. I failed 2 modules one with 36% one with 20%, i was wondering if i pass the module that is currently at 20% and fail the other one will i then be eligible for compensation on that module as it states you need to have no modules lower than 35%.

I didn’t fully understand what you meant but the compensation usually works like this.

You have two components in a subject. A lab and exam. Say you got 30% out of exam which is 70% (of the module) and 90% in lab which is 30%(of the module) of the component. You automatically fail that module or subject as your exam didn’t reach the threshold of 35% for compensation.

If you received atleast 35%, your 90% lab can then allow for compensation where you now receive a total module score of 73.59%(35.3*.3+90*.7).

Advertisement