Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did a stupid thing,. What's the possible outcome?

Options
  • 24-08-2018 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

I was sent some weed through the post by a guy in London. Customs found it and confiscated it.

It was 4 grams, I got a letter this morning saying they found it and I can submit a forum to claim it back if I think I'm intitled to it, needless to say I shall not be doing that

Should I expect a visit from the cops? What would the likely charge be?

I use weed to manage my depression and have found it hard to source locally recently that's why I tried this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I was sent some weed through the post by a guy in London. Customs found it and confiscated it.

It was 4 grams, I got a letter this morning saying they found it and I can submit a forum to claim it back if I think I'm intitled to it, needless to say I shall not be doing that

Should I expect a visit from the cops? What would the likely charge be?

I use weed to manage my depression and have found it hard to source locally recently that's why I tried this

Don't do a thing, it'll be grand. Deny all. And stop buying weed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,136 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You were not in possession of it...it might have been sent unasked...it was a 'personal use' amount...I am guessing at all stages here. Though why anyone would even begin to think it would get through the postal system I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

looksee wrote:
    You were not in possession of it...it might have been sent unasked...it was a 'personal use' amount...I am guessing at all stages here. Though why anyone would even begin to think it would get through the postal system I have no idea.

It gets through plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

looksee wrote: »

According to people I've spoken to it get through alot.
    The guy that sent it was very surprised it was found

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Don't do anything, how can you be found guilty of anything? If you could be any person in the country could be taken out by someone simply sending them a letter from Amsterdam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

I used to live in a house that got random post for ex-tenants. Some of the lads got friends in Amsterdam to post weed to one of the names and got the same letter. They ignored it and nothing more was ever said. Don't worry, forget about it.

Not condoning it but it's grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I wouldn't be taking weed for depression though,

According to people I've spoken to it get through alot.
    The guy that sent it was very surprised it was found

It comes in sealed tins that sniffer dogs can't detect. But they are copping on, some get sent thru a scanner. They know what to look for.
    Cans the size of a small tin of tuna. Looks dodgy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

looksee wrote: »

Used to get through no problem for a few people I know ordering from Canadian websites. This was several years ago so maybe it's tightened down since.

Wasn't tins either, vacuum packed in an envelope. Looked like a regular letter.

I use weed to manage my depression

Bad idea!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Used to get through no problem for a few people I know ordering from Canadian websites. This was several years ago so maybe it's tightened down since.
    I know of plenty being stopped now, coming from England, Amsterdam and cali. From hearing from a cousin that was buying and people he knew orders being caught. Letters sent.
    So yes a lot more being stopped

Mickeroo wrote: »

Wasn't tins either, vacuum packed in an envelope. Looked like a regular letter.

Some still comes from Amsterdam like that, but most now is in sealed tins.

Seen them and they smell nice when opened. But weigh just a few grams the size of a small tin of tuna raises alarm bells.

Edit :don't order online again because they have you on record now. One maybe a mistake. Twice they have you.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Bad idea!

I've managed it grand the last few years with weed
    Sure a doctor would give me a different drug but still a drug

I wouldn't be taking weed for depression though,

What's your reasoning?

What's your reasoning?

Don't mind them, for some people weed helps. But others never believe it, but don't buy online again your name is now flagged in the system.

All the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Wow you've been very unlucky here getting stung for 4 grams. Was it stealth packaged?

Friends of mine are getting weed in by the ounce through the post. No problems.

Rest assured you wont be in any trouble.

Just to be clear, not looking for legal advice

Just discussion about the possible ramifications of my actions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I doubt anything will come of this incident, but I 'd guess all overseas post to your address is receiving additional screening now, so I wouldn't order anything that wasn't 100% above board to that address for a while.

I would expect everything coming from the US to be flagged for customs, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Weed won't help your depression bro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

What's your reasoning?

I used to be depressed / suffer from anxiety, and I used to smoke weed to take the edge off. and I did that for a while.

And then I stopped smoking weed, and I'm still depressed, but not nearly half as depressed as i was while smoking weed, and the anxiety has pretty much gone as well.

(although, having said all that, I wouldn't mind getting a high CBD strain to try smoke, because I know the other stuff just doesn't do anything good for me at all)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

I used to be depressed / suffer from anxiety, and I used to smoke weed to take the edge off. and I did that for a while.

And then I stopped smoking weed, and I'm still depressed, but not nearly half as depressed as i was while smoking weed, and the anxiety has pretty much gone as well.

(although, having said all that, I wouldn't mind getting a high CBD strain to try smoke, because I know the other stuff just doesn't do anything good for me at all)

Have you gave any of the cbd oils a shot?

Obviously im not talking about the crap being sold in Holland and Barrett and the hemp store, but proper stuff from the US.

Plenty of good cbd on sale in Ireland. But be prepared to spend 60 notes for 10 mil.
    Not that ****e that is made out of the flowers and stems.
    That is a waste of money

thebull85 wrote: »
    Have you gave any of the cbd oils a shot?

Obviously im not talking about the crap being sold in Holland and Barrett and the hemp store, but proper stuff from the US.
    EU cbd is just as good.
    You just need to do the research.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,713 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: please move along from discussion of the use and or purchase of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes and try and bear in mind the forum you're in.

Legal discussion is for discussion of the law. Note for comparing notes on drug use.

Just to update the thread.

Nothing happened after the customs letter. I didn't hear from the Garda and didn't try again and won't try again.

I was very worried for a few weeks but thankfully it turned out ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There are none tbh, if you were going to be raided or looked into further on it they wouldn't have sent the letter.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The route is still getting through by all accounts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a certain amount will always get through. they don't check every parcel coming in.

Advertisement