Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York Saturday 25th August

Options
  • 24-08-2018 10:00pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

5.20 Main desire 6/1
    Surely the jockey is the only thing that can gets this beat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capture09w.jpg

Went with this today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Going with Montaly in the 3:40, trainer is 25% strike rate last 2 weeks and just banged in another at Goodwood just there, while selection has been out of form this season (dropped a few pounds as a consequence) but bagged a group 2 last year, trainer had count octave in here as mentioned in other thread but chose to run it earlier in week in a group 1, you need a group horse for this, drawn 7 near the fav so should get a good tow 25/1 ew GL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

That was painful watching supernova

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭del roy

BumperD wrote: »
    Going with Montaly in the 3:40, trainer is 25% strike rate last 2 weeks and just banged in another at Goodwood just there, while selection has been out of form this season (dropped a few pounds as a consequence) but bagged a group 2 last year, trainer had count octave in here as mentioned in other thread but chose to run it earlier in week in a group 1, you need a group horse for this, drawn 7 near the fav so should get a good tow 25/1 ew GL

15.40 Montaly Montaly is probably the pick of my two in this race as Scotland may struggle in a race of this strength. Montaly has had excuses this year and a return to previous form would see him go well at a big price as I think he is well handicapped.Trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭del roy

Goodwood 15.15 Absolutely So Absolutely So is in great form and the rain last night will have helped him. He looks very overpriced and he is in such great heart, he has to have a chance at a big price.
    Trainer

• Advertisement

del roy wrote: »
    Goodwood 15.15 Absolutely So Absolutely So is in great form and the rain last night will have helped him. He looks very overpriced and he is in such great heart, he has to have a chance at a big price.
    Trainer

Found it interesting Oisin Murphy skipped York to ride this, 20’s this morning....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Ahh sure I'll have a stab at the big one, Scotland and sea the lion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Ahh sure I'll have a stab at the big one, Scotland and sea the lion

Sea the Lion (always hear Feist's 'Sea Lion' tune playing when see this)
    a choice on one of the many accas with mighty 7pl available.
    Also: Weekender, Dylan', Munt, 'Eagle.

Stratum murdered

Winner won with plenty in hand but sea the lion ran a stormer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sea the Lion (always hear Feist's 'Sea Lion' tune playing when see this)
    a choice on one of the many accas with mighty 7pl available.
    Also: Weekender, Dylan', Munt, 'Eagle.

3. Sea the Lion (always hear Feist's 'Sea Lion' tune playing when see this)
    2. Weekender,
    1. Munt,

5/6/7 'Eagle, Dylan maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Jesus that was impressive off 109.

I think I've one tonight at a big price 8.00 silk mill blue 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

kiers47 wrote: »
    Jesus that was impressive off 109.

He was an OR 113 horse for all of 2017 but slipped back to 109 which was a huge help to him. IIRC Gosden had big hopes for this fellow in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think I've one tonight at a big price 8.00 silk mill blue 20/1

Fortinbrass was 2nd over C&D last time out, but has better ground here. With 4 to place has a good ew shot.

6 Grade 1’s at Saratoga now , breeders cup clues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

BumperD wrote: »
    6 Grade 1’s at Saratoga now , breeders cup clues

Mendelssohn is back. He's on a prep run for a tilt at the Breeders Cup Classic, so it's doubtful he'll be up to much more than challenging to be placed tonight

Fortinbrass was 2nd over C&D last time out, but has better ground here. With 4 to place has a good ew shot.

And I only had the one bet today also in that race.
    Warriors Tale @8/1 was a little bigger earlier. We will surely get it between the 3 of us? Ha

Will they chuck that out? Not much in it but stranger things have happened. I suppose Elate came in as much as Abel Tasman pushed across her.

Result stands after objection from Ortiz. Probably fair.

• Advertisement

Probably on the best horse there but Mike Smith is different gravy to most in these top races. Must be worth at least 3lbs on the rest of the field.
    Not bad for a 53 year old.

I’m heading to the BC in November so hopefully a few pointers on the card today

This favourite in the next was 2/1 when I was looking at the prices a few hours ago. 1/2 now.

Wide draw no help there

Indeed some fingers burned.

Going to have a small bet on funtastic in next for Chad brown . US racing not my forte by any stretch

O Brien has seahenge here, looks completely out of its depth

I follow it a bit but only the graded races. And I rarely have a bet. Tbh I was surprised at the price of channel maker. I thought he would be closer to 4/1.

This next race is a poor event for a grade 1 so I wouldn't be entirely shocked if seahenge ran some sort of race.

Don't think I'll bet anything though. Good luck with Funtastic

Also note that this is a handicap and seahenge is down the bottom which also helps his cause.

• Advertisement

All eyes on Good Magic in next

Advertisement