Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking concrete shed wall

Options
  • 24-08-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Advice needed I have a concrete shed the back wall is leaking every time it rains I can see where it’s soaking through and running down I don’t have access to the outside of the wall, so the solution will have to be from the inside, the front and sides are ok they were plastered on the outside I have tried Thompson’s one coat water seal which hasn’t helped any advice would be appreciated tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

No point in sealing it until you know where the water is coming from, is the wall plastered inside or outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I don't know, it's possible someone will come along and say it's no harm but it if was me I wouldn't want to just seal it from the inside.

You wouldn't stop water coming into the wall and then it will just leave you with damp walls.

Is there no way you can get to the outside at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I guess you need to tank it properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Has to be done from outside. Its possible the roof is letting water in

• Registered Users Posts: 9 denisedxx

Stanford wrote: »
    No point in sealing it until you know where the water is coming from, is the wall plastered inside or outside?

The roof is 💯 dry the water is coming through the blocks and leaking it it’s the wall that’s leaking is not plastered three wall were plastered from the outside and there fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

whats behind the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 9 denisedxx

whats behind the wall

A fence it’s too narrow to get to it it is blocked in by a field

• Registered Users Posts: 27,095 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Use Thompsons from the outside with a roller on a pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

denisedxx wrote: »
    A fence it’s too narrow to get to it it is blocked in by a field

What kind of fence. Could you take it down. If its only a field then there probably doesn't need a fence.

Is there a gutter on the shed

Advertisement