Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card unexpectedly removed error

Options
  • 24-08-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Been getting this the last few days on my phone, (HTC U11), and it's bugging the hell out of me. The warning just flashes up saying the card (San Disk 128GB) was removed without properly unmounting and there's a risk of data loss etc. Have to restart the phone to get it to read the card again. Anyone have any experience with this? Just worried that I could wind up with a corrupted card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Replace the card.

Really common issue on HTC based on guys I know who always seemed to complain about it. Reformatting the card sometimes solved the issue, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Basil3 wrote: »
    Really common issue on HTC based on guys I know who always seemed to complain about it. Reformatting the card sometimes solved the issue, AFAIK.

I find it's more an Android issue, but a good trick is to put a corrupted SD card into a USB card reader and plug into a Windows laptop or PC then restart. Often the laptop or PC will detect the corrupted card aa it starts up and run scandisk/chkdsk to repair it before launching Windows. SD card should then be back to the way it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Had this problem before also with San Disk cards, couldn't resolve it, switched to Samsung cards and had no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

Had the same issue, my card got corrupted.
    I tried fixing but no joy
    I contacted sandisk support & quoted the serial number of card.
    They sent me a UPS postal address code & it was collected,fixed & returned inside 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

chancer007 wrote: »
    Had the same issue, my card got corrupted.
    I tried fixing but no joy
    I contacted sandisk support & quoted the serial number of card.
    They sent me a UPS postal address code & it was collected,fixed & returned inside 10 days.

Yep, goes to the Czech republic. The send back a massive envelope too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Cheers for the info lads. Gonna try get onto San Disk and see what they say. Set up a price alert for any deals on a 256GB Samsung card too.

Advertisement