Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Advice

Options
  • 24-08-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi folks,

I'm currently looking to upgrade from my painstakingly slow moto g4. It did a great job and owes me nothing, but it's time has come.

I'm hoping to drop around €400 on a new phone, and have been mainly looking at picking up the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. The Xaoimi Mi 8 is also an option.

Is there anything I should be looking at instead? What do you guys recommend?

Danke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Drew P. Wiener

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If you're looking at the Mi8, keep an eye out for the Pocophone and release and price details for Europe. The Mi8 looks like savage value for money, I'm struggling to think of better for your budget. The only hesitation I might have is MiUi rather than a more stock Android experience, but plenty of Xiaomi fans on boards seem to get on well with it. I can't think of another S845 handset for your budget.

If you're looking at the Mate 10 Pro, then your budget may stretch to the OnePlus 6, and the 6T is just around the corner, seemingly. I have a OnePlus 5 that I absolutely can't fault for user experience under any category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I'm going from Moto G5+ (good phone but updates and camera let it down) to Mi A2 which should arrive on Monday for me.

Advertisement