Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmer not paying on Leasehold

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Leased out about 20 acres to farmer and signed a 6 year contract to the same.. Money due in April and October... Auctioneer acting as the middle man.. 1st year was fine but this year not paid as yet and when phone the aucitoneer keep getting the 'should have it next week story'..

Whats my best options here.. Send a solicitors letter? Don't wanna go down that route just yet as thought it was a gentlemans agreement that the payment will arrive on time... But I need the money to pay bills of my own!.. Block access to the land and get a new leasehold with someone else?..

Any hints/tips are appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

If auctioneer is middle man it's him you should be after initially. If he is fobbing you off on the phone land in to the office in person to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

woods1977 wrote: »
    Leased out about 20 acres to farmer and signed a 6 year contract to the same.. Money due in April and October... Auctioneer acting as the middle man.. 1st year was fine but this year not paid as yet and when phone the aucitoneer keep getting the 'should have it next week story'..

Whats my best options here.. Send a solicitors letter? Don't wanna go down that route just yet as thought it was a gentlemans agreement that the payment will arrive on time... But I need the money to pay bills of my own!.. Block access to the land and get a new leasehold with someone else?..

Any hints/tips are appreciated...

My lease expires if the money isn't paid within 2 weeks of the due date.....lock the gate if yours is the same.

I'd be looking for the cost of setting up the lease too if he breaks it

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Had issues myself but didn't have a middle man like yourself. One farmer was to pay almost 9k twice a year and was getting later with the 2nd payment as he was awaiting the SFP etc... so we set up a montly agreement (he's in Dairy so I get 12 payments on the 20th of each month after his milk cheque arrives) and all is good so far.

Maybe something that way would work with you two?

Advertisement