Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing departure time - Bus Eireann

Options
  • 24-08-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello everybody,

I am travelling to Dublin airport early Sunday morning, departing Waterford at 05:00. Due to the arrival of the Pontiff himself I am considering leaving on an earlier service to ensure I am not late for my flight. What I would like to know is, will I be able to use the ticket I have purchased for the 05:00 service for the earlier 04:00 service as they are on the same day or will I have to purchase a completely new ticket? As mentioned I am travelling on Sunday so any prompt responses would be much appreciated.

TY,
    Elchup

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Hello everybody,

I am travelling to Dublin airport early Sunday morning, departing Waterford at 05:00. Due to the arrival of the Pontiff himself I am considering leaving on an earlier service to ensure I am not late for my flight. What I would like to know is, will I be able to use the ticket I have purchased for the 05:00 service for the earlier 04:00 service as they are on the same day or will I have to purchase a completely new ticket? As mentioned I am travelling on Sunday so any prompt responses would be much appreciated.

TY,
    Elchup

MOST companies will allow a change on the same day.

BE seems to be the same but I would check with them directly at 1850 836 611.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I really think you'll be fine using the 0500 service, the road closures won't impact at that hour. What time is your flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

I really think you'll be fine using the 0500 service, the road closures won't impact at that hour. What time is your flight?

The flight isn't until 10:00. My only concern is that the bus goes into Bus Aras first and then goes onto the airport. What will the traffic situation be like heading into and out of Bus Aras around 0730-0800 Sunday morning? There is also Ryanair recommending arriving 3 hours before the flight (probably overkill from them though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The flight isn't until 10:00. My only concern is that the bus goes into Bus Aras first and then goes onto the airport. What will the traffic situation be like heading into and out of Bus Aras around 0730-0800 Sunday morning? There is also Ryanair recommending arriving 3 hours before the flight (probably overkill from them though).

2 things here from reading quickly

The ticket is valid on any service for the Date stated on the ticket, must be the date of travel and correct pick up and drop off points.

On Sunday morning there will be diversions , they will be going to the airport first via the m50 and then into bus Aras via the port tunnel.

You'll be grand on those accounts !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 elchupanebray

2 things here from reading quickly

The ticket is valid on any service for the Date stated on the ticket, must be the date of travel and correct pick up and drop off points.

On Sunday morning there will be diversions , they will be going to the airport first via the m50 and then into bus Aras via the port tunnel.

You'll be grand on those accounts !

This is excellent news, I can now relax. Thank you very much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement