Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Clane to City Cente OR Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 23-08-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi

I've got a couple of job offers smile.png But not sure which one to pick, mostly down to the commute. One job offer is for 40k in City Centre and bus from Clane is €50 per week (I'm doing that now and it's fine)

But the other is in Dun Laoghaire. They're offering 45k, but I'm not sure if the extra 5k would be worth it seeing as I'll probably have to drive (1.0L Petrol Corsa) & pay for parking everyday - plus not too sure if extra money is worth the extra money.

Would anyone have any advise???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Without commute issues which job is better for you in the mid to long term?
    Does the Dun Laoghaire job have flexible hours? Where does the Clane bus leave you? If it's close to Tara or Pearse it's only an extra 20 minutes on the DART, though that will depend where in Dun Laoghaire the job is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 frankiekk

@schemingbohemia not too sure - both are fairly new in their markets. Will probably learn more in 40k job, but business model of 45k is probably better - but the job is pretty narrowly focused. I'm also at the age were I'd want to be getting the saving in order!!!

No flexible hours unfortunately. Bus leaves me about 10 mins walk from Pearse, and the job is near Dun Laoghaire shopping centre.

Advertisement