Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wago connectors

Options
  • 23-08-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭

I'm changing a light fitting from a ceiling rose to a steel light fitting, which will require connectors.

My initial thoughts had been to use something like the Hager connector boxes, but I came across the Wago 222 connector blocks. They seem like a much neater and easier to use (when up a ladder) solution.

What are peoples general thoughts on these, and can they be pushed back into the ceiling cavity as is, or do they have to be used in conjunction with the Wago storage box

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

cletus wrote: »
    I'm changing a light fitting from a ceiling rose to a steel light fitting, which will require connectors.

My initial thoughts had been to use something like the Hager connector boxes, but I came across the Wago 222 connector blocks. They seem like a much neater and easier to use (when up a ladder) solution.

What are peoples general thoughts on these, and can they be pushed back into the ceiling cavity as is, or do they have to be used in conjunction with the Wago storage box
    I use them a bit, and they are decent.

No connector can be simply pushed into the ceiling as there wouldn't be strain relief; there also would be no mechanical protection to the cable where the sheath had been removed; there could be exposed live parts (not so much with Wagos although they do contain a test port).

Not particularly relevant to ET 101 but the maintenance free certification is only valid where Wagos (certain types) are used in conjunction with a WagoBox and not any other type of enclosure. This must also be cable tied shut for the maintenance free certification to be valid.

Advertisement