Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York Day 2

Options
  • 22-08-2018 10:07pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

2.25 Magical wish 28/1 & on the stage 50/1
    3.00 Reach high/Silver line 14/1 & 20/1 Literally can't seperate them
    4.50 Lincoln Rocks 12/1

Small Lucky 15

5.10 Puchita 9/2
    5.40 invincible ridge 5/1
    7.20 Sensible Friend 6/1
    7.40 Pact of steel 5/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fascinating handicap hurdle (it is called a hurdle race, but the hurdles are closer to fences than hurdles from what I can see) race in Saratoga at 6pm this evening. Clarcam on ratings and form would surely have to be the favourite, but will it appreciate being top weight, the step down in trip and the firm ground? Favourite Iranistan and Show Court had a good old ding dong here just a few months ago where Show Court ran out a close surprise winner. Thought Show Court's jockey rode a cracker in that race, but if the race was to be run again I would favour Iranistan, especially with a 2lb swing in the weights in favour of Iranistan. Gordon Elliot also has The Game Changer out over, who I would find it hard to fancy. Former Dan Skelton runner Optimus Prime also gets a run out, its second to Footpad in the Ryanair at Punchestown would surely give it a squeak here.

With all that said, I still like Iranistan at 3/1 (Boyles). It carries the least weight of the contenders here, loves the obstacles around here and will appreciate the firm ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Go away with your American hurdle races Francie. haha :D

Still another couple of months of the flat left!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Angel of darkness ran well in the same final race on the card last year, 1lb lower today has a good prep last time out hoping she races more prominent today with de Souza booked, hills amongst it in yesterday’s results so stable in form, 4yr old should still be open to improvement, has been entered up all over the place, light weight , 18/1 ew looks a bit of value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Fascinating handicap hurdle (it is called a hurdle race, but the hurdles are closer to fences than hurdles from what I can see) race in Saratoga at 6pm this evening. Clarcam on ratings and form would surely have to be the favourite, but will it appreciate being top weight, the step down in trip and the firm ground? Favourite Iranistan and Show Court had a good old ding dong here just a few months ago where Show Court ran out a close surprise winner. Thought Show Court's jockey rode a cracker in that race, but if the race was to be run again I would favour Iranistan, especially with a 2lb swing in the weights in favour of Iranistan. Gordon Elliot also has The Game Changer out over, who I would find it hard to fancy. Former Dan Skelton runner Optimus Prime also gets a run out, its second to Footpad in the Ryanair at Punchestown would surely give it a squeak here.

With all that said, I still like Iranistan at 3/1 (Boyles). It carries the least weight of the contenders here, loves the obstacles around here and will appreciate the firm ground.

Was wondering what race The Game Changer would win again. Might have a tiny bet on this for the laugh at 14/1. It should suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

aidankkk wrote: »
    Was wondering what race The Game Changer would win again. Might have a tiny bet on this for the laugh at 14/1. It should suit him

I thought he might be able to nick a place Aidan and backed him this morning. Had done two Elliot and the ex Skeltons in a RCF too.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

How could the mackem bullet be that close 😵

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

AOB has had a winner and on this ground over this trip Magic wand has to be a bet at 13/2. See of class too short.. can't have Coronet.. will Laurens stay? All points to Magic wand for me.

Cattermole with the early call on Racing UK on Mackem Bullet. Not sure if anyone heard the commentary he basically called it early that he would win. Then they past desperately close and he still says Mackem Bullet just held on. Shocking stuff.

AOB has had a winner and on this ground over this trip Magic wand has to be a bet at 13/2. See of class too short.. can't have Coronet.. will Laurens stay? All points to Magic wand for me.

Ya im a big Sea Of Class fan but the price is way off where i had it.

Tbh i thought Laurens was the bet, there is a good bit of 4/1 out there and i thought she was nailed on to be in the first 3. So went with her each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Having a bet on the old boy baraweez here.
    Going all in on massinis trap in the 4.30 chester, think he's a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Have had a go on ARCANADA @14s 5 places in the next.
    Not been going too well this campaign but is now back down to last winning mark and blinkers applied can hopefully keep his mind on the job.
    C&D winner from this mark too
    GL

kiers47 wrote: »
    Ya im a big Sea Of Class fan but the price is way off where i had it.

Tbh i thought Laurens was the bet, there is a good bit of 4/1 out there and i thought she was nailed on to be in the first 3. So went with her each way.

21/07/2018 Curragh 193F0 Darley Irish Oaks
    A.P.O'Brien, trainer of Magic Wand, reported to the Office of the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board on Monday 23rd July that his charge was found to have a dirty nose post race.

Still think Sea Of Class should be too good for this field, but not as confident as I was for it as I was on the Irish Oaks. Small bet at 7/4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Sea Of Class all day for me, she's an assassin. The O'Brien yoke is a bookies mate, I do like Laurens but don't think she's a proper 12f champion type.

Eziyra has a bit to find but won reappearance well and will come on for the race.
    Hopefully can make the frame

Ew @10s

tryfix wrote: »
    Sea Of Class all day for me, she's an assassin. The O'Brien yoke is a bookies mate, I do like Laurens but don't think she's a proper 12f champion type.
    Destroyed the field, what a filly :cool:

Sea of 'pure' class

She is all class. Im going to regret that day i didnt take the 50s for her in the Arc :(
    (Put up here somewhere in case someone thinks im aftertiming)
    *But i didnt actually back it. Just highlighted that she was a big price.

Was worried about the supplementation. But surely they will go for it now?

She is all class. Im going to regret that day i didnt take the 50s for her in the Arc :(
    (Put up here somewhere in case someone thinks im aftertiming)
    *But i didnt actually back it. Just highlighted that she was a big price.

Was worried about the supplementation. But surely they will go for it now?
    She got 9lb of coronet so I wouldn't be to worried about her winning the arc tbh

She got 9lb of coronet so I wouldn't be to worried about her winning the arc tbh
    If it runs in the Arc, it will get a filly and three year old allowance too though.

I never said she'd win. But she was no 50/1 shot back then and she certainly isnt now. I wouldnt be writing her off she has improved on every run so far this year and she will be getting the hefty age and sex allowances if they do decide to run.

If she shows up she will be a 6/1 shot.

In any case i missed the boat so it is immaterial

• Advertisement

If it runs in the Arc, it will get a filly and three year old allowance too though.

Fair enough but you'd imagine a lot of trainers will fancy their chances, so I expect a large enough field and a lot of hard luck stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Congrats to Mark Johnston, some way (albeit typical if you follow his horses) to do it. Still won't get the credit he deserves though.

Congrats to Mark Johnston, some way (albeit typical if you follow his horses) to do it. Still won't get the credit he deserves though.

It is some achievement. But the man doesnt do himself any favors. He is a pretty unlike-able individual.

Jesus. Lah Ti Dar was in the wrong race today on that showing. Shed have given Sea of Class something to think about and she does have an entry in the Arc unlike Sea of Class.

Going all in on massinis trap in the 4.30 chester, think he's a good thing
    Well done, one of those ones that looks fairly obvious in hindsight. Didn't have a schilling on myself though :mad:

Now on ATR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Jesus. Lah Ti Dar was in the wrong race today on that showing. Shed have given Sea of Class something to think about and she does have an entry in the Arc unlike Sea of Class.

Sea is now fav I remember you putting her up at 50/1 didn’t look into it too much then took note after her win, was 20/1 or 16/1 a month ago of course I still left her .......feel your pain

BumperD wrote: »
    Sea is now fav I remember you putting her up at 50/1 didn’t look into it too much then took note after her win, was 20/1 or 16/1 a month ago of course I still left her .......feel your pain

Oh I know. She still has to be supplemented and the 125k or whatever it is put me off.

If she had of been entered I would for sure have backed her but that ain't much good to me now haha.

Anyway good to see some of the 3yo's step up over the last couple of days. The 2 fillies today and roaring lion.

Advertisement