Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone manage to root an Xperia Z5 successfully?

Options
  • 22-08-2018 8:14pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I've an old Xperia Z5 which I'd like to root, however I'm having a few problems. On all the tutorials I've watched they all mention that you need to have the bootloader unlocked, so I went to the sony site to unlock it but when I enter the configuration menu, it says "Rooting Status: Bootloader Unlock Allowed NO" and from what I've read, some people are saying it will need to be sent in to Sony to have the bootloader unlocked? Is this right? Has anyone had any joy with rooting it? I just want to put TWRP on it and Magisk.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If the bootloader is unlockable you will find out how to do it here https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5

Which version of the phone do you have as most fones come in regional variants? The model number indicates the variant. The problem is some variants are bootloader unlockable and some arn't.

Advertisement