Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First car insurance policy in my own name

Options
  • 22-08-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi lads hows it going, I bought a car today, 2012 Astra 1.6 sri.

Ive rang around for a few quotes, ranging from axa ( best value fully comp policy ive found so far for 1800) to Liberty who wont quote me because im not over 30, and everything in between up to about 4500. By the way im 27 with a clean licence.

I was out of the country the last 2 years, previous to that I was insured from 2009 to 2016 as a named driver, alot of insurance companies wont recognize this as its been over 24 months, Ive no problem with that..

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of either a) a broker worth trying or b) a good insurance company...?

Axa seem to have a good reputation and cover the most with the broadest policy.. Just behind them seem to be firstireland and creane and creane, anyone have any dealings with either of them before?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

That’s not a bad price at all given your circumstances, age. I doubt you’ll do much better than that. Axa is an insurance company, the other two are brokers for which you will pay broker fees. Have business insurance through Creane & Creane. Always found them very efficient

Advertisement