Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive for Home Security / Automation

Options
  • 22-08-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Has anyone installed any Hive home security products. For example the window/door sensors and motion sensors? And the HIve Hub 360 which has some added features. I see lots of content on other solutions in here, but none specifically on Hive.

I've spent a few hours looking at options for a new build today, and this one stood out. That could be good marketing on their part.

What I need is a wireless home security solution that will notify my phone app, etc. And to build out more home automation as I go (I'm new to this).

https://www.hivehome.com/ie/products/hive-hub-360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

monkeyman wrote: »
    Has anyone installed any Hive home security products. For example the window/door sensors and motion sensors? And the HIve Hub 360 which has some added features. I see lots of content on other solutions in here, but none specifically on Hive.

I've spent a few hours looking at options for a new build today, and this one stood out. That could be good marketing on their part.

What I need is a wireless home security solution that will notify my phone app, etc. And to build out more home automation as I go (I'm new to this).

https://www.hivehome.com/ie/products/hive-hub-360

We have a few of the various Hive products including heating, bulbs, plugs, motion and contact sensors and can't fault any of them to be honest. Motion and contact sensors send notification quickly, app simple and easy to you and gets regular updates. Picked all of the items up on sale so keep an eye of the usual sites, amazon etc.

Not sure if the 360 hub is worth the current price but if on sale it may be worth a look. Hive View cameras may be a better addition.

The fact that they have all the various items that can be controlled in the one ecosystem is a bonus and simplifies things.

As others will confirm, this won't replace a dedicated alarm system but, imo, is a good system with lots of benefits.

There is talk of them releasing TRV's which would be a real bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Thanks - Good to hear you are using several items with no issues. And good tip on picking up items in the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

monkeyman wrote: »
    Thanks - Good to hear you are using several items with no issues. And good tip on picking up items in the sales.

Definitely worth keeping an eye out alright, both motion and contact sensors are currently on offer on Amazon and exchange rate is favourable at the minute.

Advertisement