Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been provided with 2018/2019 timetable yet?

Options
  • 22-08-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

From reading VFT and here, it seems that many teachers actually have their timetable in hand already, while a few others are talking about looking forward to seeing their timetable.

I'd prefer there was no identifying comments or locations on the post, just wondering what the percent breakdown is for having it already Vs not having it yet.

Latest day schools could be back is next Tuesday. I'm not sure but is it a week before school that they are supposed to be available from?

Have you been provided with 2018/2019 timetable yet? 27 votes

Yes (printed copy or on VSWARE etc)
    0% 0 votes
    Not issued yet
    100% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Are you referring to what or when you're teaching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Ours were issued towards the end of July.
    I have heard of people having them before they finish up school in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Got it today on vs ware

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭doc_17

My school, an ETB school, doesn’t have the timetable yet. Can’t be done as ETB haven’t filled a few vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

TheDriver wrote: »
    Are you referring to what or when you're teaching?
    Yes, sorry wasn't clear, individual teacher timetabled classes.

Is it one week before they're supposed to be out? I thought there was an actual timeline that came in a few years ago, but I could be dreaming it.

Really seems to vary school to school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Yes, sorry wasn't clear, individual teacher timetabled classes.

Is it one week before they're supposed to be out? I thought there was an actual timeline that came in a few years ago, but I could be dreaming it.

Really seems to vary school to school.

The circular was to do with sorting out S&S. It said teachers were to be emailed their timetable by "a date in August" which would be notified to them before summer holidays. They would then fill in their order of preference for S&S on their free periods and return to the principal within 3 days.

It sounds like the intention was that everything would be sorted before school starts but the "date in August" vagueness means they can leave it til last minute I suppose since schools are back in August. But it does say "it has been agreed that the roster will be in place before each school year begins".

The circular was to do with sorting out S&S. It said teachers were to be emailed their timetable by "a date in August" which would be notified to them before summer holidays. They would then fill in their order of preference for S&S on their free periods and return to the principal within 3 days.

It sounds like the intention was that everything would be sorted before school starts but the "date in August" vagueness means they can leave it til last minute I suppose since schools are back in August. But it does say "it has been agreed that the roster will be in place before each school year begins".

But like, what’s the penalty if it isn’t emailed in August? Can we get away with less S&S? No. Waste of ink that line.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Get ours early July every year.

dory wrote: »
    Get ours early July every year.

Voluntary secondary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

ETB sector. It was visible on VSware in July (unintentionally) but it seems to have been pulled entirely as now my classes from last year are showing again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

doc_17 wrote: »
    Voluntary secondary?

Good guess!

I have a few friends in voluntary secondary and they all have theirs. A friend of mine is a deputy at a fairly large one and they do recruitment in first half of June and then he does the timetable by the end of the state exams. I tell him about our craic and he laughs his head off at the state of us.

Mind you he then goes on an odd rant about the ETBs and all the perceived added extras. I ask him would he swap and he says not in a million year!

Interesting that after 1 day it's 2:1 that have the timetables. Didn't think it would be that high.

(typo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm in an ETB. We're back on Monday and we'll get a provisional timetable then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

ETB here. Got a provisional timetable yesterday and a final one today with room numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Under the current S&S structure staff should have timetables at least two weeks in advance if the school opening. They then can nominate their preferences for which periods they would like to be placed on the S&S rota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

We got our TT on VS Ware on Wednesday afternoon, we had to nominate our S&S periods by 12.00 on Thursday....is there an amount of time that we should be given to complete S&S preferences, less than a day seems very little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

solerina wrote: »
    We got our TT on VS Ware on Wednesday afternoon, we had to nominate our S&S periods by 12.00 on Thursday....is there an amount of time that we should be given to complete S&S preferences, less than a day seems very little.

It's supposed to be 3 days according to circular 42/2014. Of course all aspects of the circular other than teachers' obligations seem to be widely ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We don’t have a timetable to nominate s and s off....

It's supposed to be 3 days according to circular 42/2014. Of course all aspects of the circular other than teachers' obligations seem to be widely ignored.

So true, these circulars are thrown out at the time to appease teachers but then conveniently 'forgotten' by management. No forgetting the Godforsaken CP hrs:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes, A La Carte circulars are a problem alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Received timetable for first time in post on Monday. Began school on Friday. Not ideal at all. In fairness to the principal, somebody was on career break and that person's return or not would determine the makeup of my hours. It would be fairer if the DoES gave an earlier deadline for people returning/going on career break. There will always be last minute exceptions/ changes - e.g. a sick child needing a parent full time - and most of us can accept that but 31 May or something similar should be the latest date out of respect for the other staff and their need to prepare material etc for new classes.

I've forgotten EVERYTHING over the summer.

How many classes do we nominate as potential S&S classes?
    We then cover an average of 2 a week I think?
    Max of 43 hours?

Does anybody here actually keep track of theirs. I'm tempted to this year, just to see exactly what hours I end up doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chocoholic999

I've forgotten EVERYTHING over the summer.

How many classes do we nominate as potential S&S classes?
    We then cover an average of 2 a week I think?
    Max of 43 hours?

Does anybody here actually keep track of theirs. I'm tempted to this year, just to see exactly what hours I end up doing.

You nominate all free periods for s&s, for us that’s 10. You rank them 1-10 and then management pick 5 of these.

You nominate all free periods for s&s, for us that’s 10. You rank them 1-10 and then management pick 5 of these.
    This time of year I'm delighted to be an 'opt out'!

Advertisement