Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

4x4s exports

Options
  • 22-08-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

I regularly see transporters heading towards Cork with a bunch of old 4x4s on the back. Guessing they are all going for export. When i notice a cheap 4x4 for sale on donedeal i notice its gone within the day.
    Where are they all heading ? Figure it will mean that there will few classics 4x4s in the future here ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

I know in the past there was a group of Nigerians who were buying old Toyotas (HiAce, Land Cruiser, Avensis etc...) all diesels and exporting back to Africa. But most of these were being put into containers with some broke up for parts to also go around the "Good" cars in the containers.

There was also a group from Mongolia buying up Navaras and l200 and exporting to Mongolia.

Not that most of these would make good classic but I did see some old landcruiser (nice classics ready for restoration) being exported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭w124man

I saw a transporter heading to Cork yesterday with a load of black Nivaras. I also saw an East European Mercedes van with a trailer heading to Rosslare with an 09 Lexus on the back

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

They'll be driving 01 Mercs and Audis soon in Africa and Mongolia, if our government doesn't sort out the insurance industry's f***ing ridiculous age rules.

Depending on the age of the navaras they could be the ones that are prone to splitting being taken off the road by Nissan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Toyota's from 1992-2002 ish are worth money in Africa, as are the spares. The hiace, 70 series landcruiser, and hilux pretty much keep entire towns going, especially in rural areas. Try find a 1992 hiace in Ireland, or a 91-96 hilux, can't be found. Several examples in Africa with Irish dealer stickers still on them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement