Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ensuite Help

Options
  • 22-08-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I am looking for some advice please I am Converting 2 bedrooms into one big Master Bedroom to include an En-suite and a walk in Wardrobe

The Area I have available for En suite is 3.5mts by 2mts this will be accessed from Bedroom via Pocket Door I think and then an exit from it to walk in wardrobe

I want to have a large shower and powerful

What do people think of that size re-layout also best way to Plumb Shower I have conventional HW storage tank in Hotpress and I also have an intergas Combi Boiler but at the moment the HW Side of the Boiler only supplies HW Tap in kitchen

The rest of the HW in house is off Hotpress Storage which is heated by Boiler or immersion

So should I put a pump on Hot and Cold in Hotpress and feed new ensuite or should I use Combi

Thanks
    mylesm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

mylesm wrote: »
    I am looking for some advice please I am Converting 2 bedrooms into one big Master Bedroom to include an En-suite and a walk in Wardrobe

The Area I have available for En suite is 3.5mts by 2mts this will be accessed from Bedroom via Pocket Door I think and then an exit from it to walk in wardrobe

What do people think of that size re-layout also best way to Plumb Shower I have conventional HW storage tank in Hotpress and I also have an intergas Combi Boiler but at the moment the HW Side of the Boiler only supplies HW Tap in kitchen

The rest of the HW in house is off Hotpress Storage which is heated by Boiler or immersion

So should I put a pump on Hot and Cold in Hotpress and feed new ensuite or should I use Combi

Thanks
    mylesm
    There are a lot of things to consider with this .. if using the existing hot water cylinder - is it large enough to hold enough hot water for a pumped shower , never mind if someone wants a shower after you . If you are doing a new large ensuite I’d imagine you will be looking for a good powerful shower , possibly a 3bar , this will empty a standard cylinder rapidly. Is your cold water storage tank large enough also to withstand the draw off of a powerful pump .
    The Combi boiler - this will require a lot of reposing for it to be considered to be used here . At the moment it is only serving the kitchen tap , af a guess I’d say it is being fed directly from the mains supply , if so , this will need an independent cold water supply from the storage tank in the attic , this supply will need to be pumped , then from the boiler you will need to get a hot water pipe to the ensuite .
    If it was me I would go the combi boiler route , as there is hot water always on demand .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Sorry, I've no relevant experience, but a question. If the wardrobe is accessed via the ensuite, which will have a shower, is there a risk of the contents of the wardrobe being damaged by steam/damp/mould?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

mylesm wrote: »

Thanks
    mylesm

anyone interested in a giving a quote for this I am in Blanchardstown Dublin 15

PM if interested

Advertisement