Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting flight delay compensation in a package holiday

Options
  • 21-08-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Last month, I flew from BCN to AMS with my partner. We flew with Vueling airlines. I've searched the legislation and know we are entitled to the 250euro compensation as per EU guidelines, as our flight was delayed by longer than 3 hours, and the reason given was that they were waiting for a member of the cabin crew to arrive.

The issue is, when I go to fill in the claim form on Vueling's website, they need our flight booking number and we don't have that, as we booked a package holiday with Sunweb.nl. My partner has been on to Sunweb, but they say they don't have a flight booking number for us. Now we're stuck. I don't want to have to put a claim through one of those third-party websites that take a cut of the compensation, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Do you have the boarding cards?

The booking reference (typically 6-8 characters) might be on the board card but is also hidden in the barcode
    The ticket number 13/14 digits may also be printed on the boarding card and in the barcode

So smart phone app which can read PDF417 barcodes

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vgf1995

Hi,

thanks for your help. I just tried what you suggested but the barcode on the boarding card is a bit faded so it didn't read it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Try using the flight number, contact Spanish Aviation authorties

While you on the phone to them ask them to email you confirmation, that the flight was delayed by greater than three hours

https://www.aviationreg.ie/air-passenger-rights/eueea-enforcement-bodies.212.html

Your booking number might be in your email

Advertisement