Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Snapchat on Samsung S3

Options
  • 21-08-2018 2:10pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The young fella broke his phone recently so I picked up a Galaxy S3 on Adverts.ie and have managed to get everything installed and configured except Snapchat.
    Snapchat installs but when I try to login it thinks a about it, displays the text "verifying device" followed by "logging in" and then I get a message dialog stating "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again".

It doesn't seem to matter if I use incorrect details as it doesn't seem to connect to the Snapchat server at all.

If I try to create s new account I I get the same message.

When I try the password reset option, it tells me that it can't download the captcha images and check the network connection.

Model: GT-I8190N
    Android Version: 4.1.2

Snapchat Version: 10.4.5.0

This occurs regardless of whether I use WiFi or a cellular data connection.

I've tried the following:
    * updated everything on phone
    * checked date & time and timezone are automatic from network
    * cleared Snapchat cache
    * cleared Google play services cache
    * cleared Google services framework cache
    * uninstall and reinstall app
    * factory reset phone and do install again
    * rooted phone and deleted hosts file

Looking at the Snapchat app, it has all network access permissions.

Anyone know if I'm missing something or should I just fix it with a big heavy hammer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Does Snapchat support Android ICS (4) ? Checking through the settings on Play Store I can't see anything about it, but I use the BETA version anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Should also have mentioned that I tried some previous versions of Snapchat but as soon as I opened it it told me to upgrade Snapchat.

I'm surprised that's the only issue you're having running such an old device on such an old version of Android.

You'd be better off picking up a sub-€100 new phone, which runs a newer version of Android.

Advertisement