Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree surgeon qualification

Options
  • 21-08-2018 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi all , not sure if this is the right place to post this but hopefully it is,

I'm 21 , did two years of a college degree and hated it , currently working a good office job but I've been here a year and can't see myself staying here ,

What I basically want to know is ,

How hard and how expensive is it to become qualified to work with a tree surgeon , I have looked at the coillte courses and tree care Ireland , but there seems to be endless amounts of 1-5 day courses , and I am unsure as to how to go about getting the correct qualifications to give me an opportunity to apply to work with tree care companies.

I have a full driving licence already , from what I've seen that seems to be a fairly important requirement for most of the tree care job positions,

I appreciate any information or advice that anyone can give me

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 53 Verified rep I'm a Forest Manager, AMA

you should make contact with Marianne Lyons in teagasc she runs a forestry coarse up in ballyhaise but she would set you on the right track

Advertisement