Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep's Head - 4 hour hiking loop recommendation?

Options
  • 21-08-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Going to Sheep's head this weekend to do a bit of hiking. Need to start and end at same place and the loop needs to be a good 4 to 5 hours. Do not want to wing it as the hike could end up being too short of too long.

Anyone know Sheep's head and where would you suggest we start/end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Sandwell

This loop would be perfect. We did it a couple of years ago and it is stunning.

http://www.thesheepsheadway.ie/index.cfm/page/the_poet_s_way_loop_walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Sandwell wrote: »
    This loop would be perfect. We did it a couple of years ago and it is stunning.

http://www.thesheepsheadway.ie/index.cfm/page/the_poet_s_way_loop_walk

perfect. I have walked from the Cafe to the lighthouse before so I know exactly where this starts. Thank you Sandwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

was there last week its a stunning area that walk highlighted above was my favourite , also highly recommend the paeaken ridge walk, and the seefin loop also amazing walks, was blessed with the weather .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Thanks all, the Poet's Trail was perfect. Started at the Cafe at 9am and the 4.25 hour hike was spectacular and would highly recommend. Weather was also perfect.

qAKOIJC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Thanks all, the Poet's Trail was perfect. Started at the Cafe at 9am and the 4.25 hour hike was spectacular and would highly recommend. Weather was also perfect.

qAKOIJC.jpg

you were lucky with weather its a stunning trail , with a bit more to it than you would think , ridge at the end is great

• Advertisement
Advertisement