Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer and available places list

Options
  • 21-08-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I thought I might start a thread on this as I am unsure exactly how this works and I would prefer not to mess anything up.

I have a CAO applicant who has been offered a course, they are OK with it but would prefer a course on the available places list. I have been told on the cao thread that they can both accept their current offer and apply to the available course, ensuring they have something to fall back on.

I have no clue which is the correct way to do this on their CAO. If anyone could talk me through this please.

Do I accept the offer they have received from round one and then add this course to their list? I'm thinking that if they accept they would no longer be able to use the CAO portal, how can they ensure they still have this offered place as mentioned in the thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Yes you need to accept your cao offer. You’ll get either an email or text to say you’ve accepted your offer. You then go to the available places list , click on the course you would like to apply for & it should open the the course. You then click the apply for this course. You’ll be applying directly to the college for this place. Just remember to accept your cao offer first so you’ve that to fall back in Incase you don’t get the available place .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Generally correct Forever, except that in MOST cases (some colleges do use direct applications) it will go through CAO.

All the relevant information is here.

Though I will admit it could have been written more clearly ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement