Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My chances in Round 2 CAO Offers? ONE point off.

Options
  • 21-08-2018 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Well, I got 477 points in LC 2018. Its sickening but UCD Computer Science is 478 as of Round 1.

Last year Round 1 was 477 and then 476 in Round 2.

I dont want to go anywhere but UCD so I am going to a PLC interview on the 23rd incase the course doesnt drop by 1 point....

What are my chances I get in on the 29th and prevent myself from another year of PLC over a point? Thanks :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Unfortunately, Dmitri, no-one can answer that for you; it depends on how many people accept / reject the places offered to-day, and even the college itself doesn't know that yet.

All we can say to you is that you're certainly close enough for it to be a real possibility, but there are no guarantees.

You are being very sensible by working on your back-up plan, and you should continue to do that while hoping for the best and trying not to stress too much.

And yes, I know that last bit is easier said than done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CfJr

That's unfortunate, but hopefully the second round will come through for you.

I myself did a PLC this year and will be starting UCD Comp Science in a couple of weeks, hopefully I'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Meanman

I thought round 2 offers were out this morning but no sign of them on line. Am I missing something.

Thinks it's after 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Meanman

Tks ::

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It looks like the points for Comp Sci dropped in Round 2 by a single point, to 477, just to accommodate the OP :D. Congrats!

http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8.php#dn8

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dmi3

seamus wrote: »
    It looks like the points for Comp Sci dropped in Round 2 by a single point, to 477, just to accommodate the OP :D. Congrats!

http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8.php#dn8

Haha yesssss so buzzed. Thankyou to everyone who replied, and hope everyone is happy with what they got. What is OP?
    seamus wrote: »
    "just to accommodate the OP..."

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Dmi3 wrote: »
    Haha yesssss so buzzed. Thankyou to everyone who replied, and hope everyone is happy with what they got. What is OP?
    OP = Outstanding Pupil!!

Nah not really – it means 'Original Poster'. But just for today – and just for you, it will mean OUTSTANDING PUPIL!! Well done!

Advertisement