Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cheap way to supply 110v?

Options
  • 20-08-2018 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭

I have the loan of an oscilloscope, its rated at 115v 35w. I have used it with a borrowed 110v site transformer, however thats needed elsewhere right now. If I had a couple of 110v lights I'd run them in series as a potential divider and tap into the centre. I don't have a suitable transformer.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

As a real gunther effort you could put a 40W bulb in series with it ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I have the loan of an oscilloscope, its rated at 115v 35w.Any ideas?

Maybe open it and see if there is a jumper or switch inside to use with 220v?
    Or see if it actually works off say 12v or 5v internally ie. is there a power supply pcb inside you can remove and feed in for example 12v dc from a bench supply?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Do you have a part number for the scope

Battery + US inverter if it likes 60hz.
    Isolation is a bonus.

You could just buy a traffo and mount it in an enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Do you have a part number for the scope

B+K Precision Dynascan Corporation 20Mz Model 2120

made in Taiwan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

You can select the line voltage through a setting on the fuse holder. See page 15 of the manual. LINE VOLTAGE SELECTION.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

doolox wrote: »
    You can select the line voltage through a setting on the fuse holder. See page 15 of the manual. LINE VOLTAGE SELECTION.

That would be great, however the map don't match the terrain as it were. Ive taken the fuseholder/mains entry fitting off and there's only 2 wires going to the fuse. On the rear label it only mentions 115v. I think it was made for the Canadian market.

Thanks anyway!

Advertisement