Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons for parking fine - no ticket on car

Options
  • 20-08-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

We got a letter in last week from a Law firm saying they were acting on behalf of Apcoa/Wicklow CoCo for an unpaid parking ticket, and would be issuing a summons if we didn't pay it.

The date on the parking ticket is from May (3 months ago)!! and this is the first time we have heard anything about this. there was no ticket displayed on the car at the time and I am pretty certain that the pay-and-display ticket was within the allowed time.

With it being so long ago, I am annoyed because we won't be able to verify that our parking ticket was valid at the time! What options do I have here? Do they not have to put an actual ticket on our car? Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

pmf84 wrote: »
    Hi,

We got a letter in last week from a Law firm saying they were acting on behalf of Apcoa/Wicklow CoCo for an unpaid parking ticket, and would be issuing a summons if we didn't pay it.

The date on the parking ticket is from May (3 months ago)!! and this is the first time we have heard anything about this. there was no ticket displayed on the car at the time and I am pretty certain that the pay-and-display ticket was within the allowed time.

With it being so long ago, I am annoyed because we won't be able to verify that our parking ticket was valid at the time! What options do I have here? Do they not have to put an actual ticket on our car? Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Have you contacted them ? Most county council wardens will take a pic of the ticket on the car, after they issue it just because there wasn't one on the car when you got back doesn't mean one wasn't issued unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The ticket could have been pulled off your car and put under someone else's windscreen as a prank. Is there a reference number on the notice and can you look at a photo of your car on the Apcoa website?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If not given, ask them for time, date, and the photo. Also, if not given, ask for the registration number as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nettlles

Mmm...when I got a ticket in Galway, I hadn't paid in say 30 days, I got a letter in the post to say I had an unpaid ticket and after another 30 days the fine would increase and after another 30 days...it would come to the point where you are now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Bradlin

Hi,

Thanks in advance

I'd go on the attack and kick up a serious stink if you think the facts are on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

I wouldn't bother

Ask for the photograph and a copy of the ticket

Whats the fine 40 eur or something if it had of been paid at the outset?

Just pay it now and move on with your life

Advertisement