Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Framing up Boxing Gloves.

• 20-08-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, hope I have this in the right place. I'm looking to get a signed boxing glove framed or boxed up. I've tried a heap of places and they are either quoting me mad prices to get out of doing, don't do it or can't do it! Has anyone any recommendations on somewhere reasonable around Dublin or the North East, with the added complication that I need it done by Friday. Also am I being unrealistic to expect to do it for under €50?Also I'd be willing to have a crack at it myself if someone pointed me in the direction of a place that would have the right frame for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

rpurfield wrote: »
    Hi folks, hope I have this in the right place. I'm looking to get a signed boxing glove framed or boxed up. I've tried a heap of places and they are either quoting me mad prices to get out of doing, don't do it or can't do it! Has anyone any recommendations on somewhere reasonable around Dublin or the North East, with the added complication that I need it done by Friday. Also am I being unrealistic to expect to do it for under €50?Also I'd be willing to have a crack at it myself if someone pointed me in the direction of a place that would have the right frame for it

All framers I know can frame it. But none of them will do it for under €50, they would be out of business very fast. Materials alone cost that, and amount of time involved in creating a shadow box frame is crazy.
    As for being done at short notice, the majority of framers that are good have a backlog and are around a week to 10 days behind.
    As for doing it yourself, I really would forget about it to be honest unless you have framing equipment. and still wont be able to do it for under €50. Not to come across as being smart, the prices you were quoted without seeing them are probably correct..... I just seen your post now , so I'm a bit late maybe, but your cheapest option is to get an acrylic display case and forget about framing.....Some on ebay...............https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Boxing-glove-Display-case-with-personalized-etching-on-silver-or-gold-mirror/182754515554?hash=item2a8d049a62:m:mSZl16dMPYl7-h2DqHyFUlA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Thanks Lemon Drop. I honestly didn't know what to expect price wise and to be honest the first guy I rang openly said to me he was quoting me a price to put me off using him! It's his own loss really as I've other stuff I want to get done over the coming months and given his attitude I won't be back there. I was looking at the boxes on Ebay but timing now is my problem as I need it Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Somebody clever with bits of off cut or reclaimed timber could knock that up for 50 quid.
    1' x 1.5' of quarter inch ply for the back.
    Some discarded shelving or skirting for the frame.
    Little bit of paint or varnish.

Glass from an old picture frame.
    Or no glass if you don't mind dusting it.

Plenty of people in your local 'Mens Shed' with those skills.

Advertisement