Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Travel insurance

Options
  • 20-08-2018 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi All,

travelling to the states next month next to get travel insurance was going to go with Laya as iv my health insurance with them but read theres alot they do not cover? has any one any previous experience with good brokers etc? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Start by having a look here
    https://www.comparetravelinsuranceireland.com/single-trip-travel-insurance/

For me, if your traveling solo, have 5 million medical cover in place, 10 million if it's a family traveling

A decent trip to the US could cost thousands, don't pennypinch on insurance, as a percentage of your overall trip costs, it will be very low, a couple of percent maybe, hopefully you won't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I would go with Laya because then you don’t have to declare any medical issues as they have a record of any operations or whatever you have had. Just makes the process simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

thanks all, i looked at laya but dont think they cover some stuff. i want one that covers delayed flights etc as im taking a few flights when im over there just having a look which one is good or if anyone has claimed off one.

Advertisement