Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone suggestions.

Options
  • 20-08-2018 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Looking for a new phone and haven't a clue what to get. Currently have a Motorola G4 Plus but it only has 16GB storage which is a pain.

I've never had a high end phone and wud consider one if they were worth the extra money.

Basically, what I want is a lot of storage and a good camera. Headphones jack isn't a massive deal tbh.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Looking for a new phone and haven't a clue what to get. Currently have a Motorola G4 Plus but it only has 16GB storage which is a pain.

I've never had a high end phone and wud consider one if they were worth the extra money.

Basically, what I want is a lot of storage and a good camera. Headphones jack isn't a massive deal tbh.

Any recommendations?

What sort of money are you thinking and how good a camera? The Oneplus 6 is probably the best value for money but the the camera wouldn't be considered up there with the best. Also, what size are you thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Patww79 wrote: »
    What sort of money are you thinking and how good a camera? The Oneplus 6 is probably the best value for money but the the camera wouldn't be considered up there with the best. Also, what size are you thinking?

I would consider going for the Samsung Galaxy s9 or iPhone X etc if they were comfortably worth the extra money.

Screen size doesn't really matter but atm I've got a 5.5 inch screen and it suits well.

Thanks

Got my Mrs one of these, right up there as far as value for money goes.

Lots of RAM and storage, awesome battery life, decent camera. Would be up there near any current flagships.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Single-SIM-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Titanium-Grey/dp/B076CCY2D3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534860982&sr=8-3&keywords=mate+10+pro

Only 1 left in stock now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

+1 on the Mate 10 Pro.

Picked one up after killing my Pixel 2 and I'm not disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A regular Pixel 2 would actually be my recommendation but they're so bad at doing any sort of reduction it's probably too much of a premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

I switched from iPhone8 Plus to Oneplus 6 and it's fantastic for the price.

OnePlus 6 (8GB Ram & 128GB) for less than half the price of a iPhone X (3GB RAM & 64GB)

Advertisement