Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplane headphone adapter

Options
  • 19-08-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know where in Dublin I can pick in an adapter so I can use my own headphones on a aer lingus flight?

Flying soon so I really need to be able to pick them up in a shop.

Can only find them online but I do not have enough time for delivery.

Something similar to this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M89T3TA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3GWWxbD8C41B7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know where in Dublin I can pick in an adapter so I can use my own headphones on a aer lingus flight?

Flying soon so I really need to be able to pick them up in a shop.

Can only find them online but I do not have enough time for delivery.

Something similar to this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M89T3TA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3GWWxbD8C41B7

Dealz used to sell them a few years ago, they probably still do. They came in a pack of three items if I recall correctly - an audio cable, one of those adapters for your own headphones on an aeroplane, and an adapter for aeroplane headphones on other devices.

Alternatively, you could use two pairs of earphones, plug one pair into either side of the socket, only one channel will work on each pair so use two pairs and only one earphone from each (figuring out which pair is the left and right channel - if that's something that bothers you - may not be too easy though).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

danm14 wrote: »
    Dealz used to sell them a few years ago, they probably still do. They came in a pack of three items if I recall correctly - an audio cable, one of those adapters for your own headphones on an aeroplane, and an adapter for aeroplane headphones on other devices.

Alternatively, you could use two pairs of earphones, plug one pair into either side of the socket, only one channel will work on each pair so use two pairs and only one earphone from each (figuring out which pair is the left and right channel - if that's something that bothers you - may not be too easy though).

Thanks. Can't see them on the website but I will definitely check out the store

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Thanks. Can't see them on the website but I will definitely check out the store

The only electronic items on their website are a TV aerial, a TV remote and an iPhone charging cable - very far from a complete stock list.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most planes now use the bog standard 3.5mm connection, no need for the adaptors, it would only be ultra cheap operators wanting to sell you headphones that would use them.

Most planes now use the bog standard 3.5mm connection, no need for the adaptors, it would only be ultra cheap operators wanting to sell you headphones that would use them.

Well aer Lingus do as far as I know on long haul flights and I wouldn't consider them a cheap operator

• Advertisement

Few with Virgin Atlantic in Feb on a 777 and needed an adapter.
    couldn't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Well aer Lingus do as far as I know on long haul flights and I wouldn't consider them a cheap operator

About half the fleet do and half don't, so be prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Dealz definitely did them a couple of months ago when we needed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

Dixons sell them in the airport... You'll probably pay more - I think I spend about €5 - but it's lot less hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

As OP noted pretty much all long haul aerlingus craft us the stupid double jack connection. I have to fly with them for work as they only flight that goes the route and all the planes I was on had that stupid thing.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone else is looking. They do indeed have them in dealz. Not a three pack but it's a pack with the adapter and headphone splitter for €1.50

Advertisement