Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach and delayed flights

Options
  • 19-08-2018 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get the airport and was going to book Dublin Coach. But looking at their T&Cs the ticket is only valid for the time you select.
    Ticket Validity

Single Tickets purchased through the online booking facility are only valid on the day and journey time for which they are purchased. Tickets are non-transferable to other journey times or dates of travel.
    Return Tickets: The outward portion of your ticket is only valid on the journey time on which they are purchased and similarly the return element of the ticket is only valid for the journey time selected. Tickets are non-transferable to other journey times or dates of travel.

The outward journey isn't a problem but what happens if my return flight is delayed. Do I need to buy a new ticket or will they let me on with my original booking? I've checked Aircoach and they'll allow a transfer for delayed flights ,if there's space, but I'd need to get a lift to their stop and be picked up. The 16 isn't an option I've better things to do than sit on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

could you ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Or simply pay the driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Isambard wrote: »
    could you ask them?

Or not pre book

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Isambard wrote: »
    could you ask them?

Won't get a reply till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Recently arrived at their Ennis stop with a ticket for the 14.00 service to Dublin. I was at stop at 12.55 - no problem getting on 13.00 coach as it was not full. Driver very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I've often got on DC buses from the airport to the Red Cow and paid the driver,

Think it was €5 the last time

So best thing is not to book and just pay the driver. There's no discount for pre booking so I'll just pay the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I emailed them about this before and they said that you can just take the next service.

Also emailed IR about it (had gotten the 747 from the airport to Heuston and then a train home), and they said nope, you'd have to spend €120 on new tickets.

Got a reply to my question and you can use the ticket for the day you booked, provided there's space. Happy days don't have to carry change

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

They're also accommodating - I've been booked on the 11.30pm coach, flight in delayed and they've let me use the 12.30pm.

Good sorts they are.

If they had a working toilet on ANY coach they'd be perfect!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement