Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity insulation / internal boarding - HELP!!

Options
  • 19-08-2018 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Not sure where best place is to post this. Have read previous posts on insulation but still none the wiser...
    I’m the middle of a self-build - air-to-water heat pump, UFH downstairs and upstairs (posi-joist system with screed upstairs).
    We have a 150mm wall cavity with 110mm Xtratherm board partial fill. It was originally spec’d with 150mm insulation but for cost reasons at the time went with 110mm, as difference in u-value was negligible. But wondering if we’ve possibly left ourselves a bit short all I seem to be hearing is 150mm full fill? What are the risks/watch outs with this 110mm insulation?

Due to so many different opinions...going around in circles on whether to do sand and cement finish on internal walls OR do we need to add an internal insulated board (35mm). Is this internal boarding necessary?
    Very grateful of any guidance here.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what does your professional advisor say re all of the above or is this just your own ideas?

Are the walls built with the 110?

Have you MHRV?

What is the ACH target vs Part F
    sand cement on inside walls is for airtightness A/T
    What is the rest of the A/T layer?

the insulated board may be needed to meet Part L
    Where are the wall related services fitted: e.g. cables,sockets? any pipes etc etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement