Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a feeling physics will cause my other subjects to suffer..

Options
  • 19-08-2018 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

No it's not because I find it hard, it's because I love the subject too much and i love the exam questions. I love mechanics and heat and everything is so interesting. I love learning the derivations. Whenever I study physics I always tend to go waay over the allocated time. I'm lucky it's the summer but if I do this in 5th year in the coming weeks..I have a feeling it'll cause my other subjects to suffer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smircle

I had the same problem with chemistry :P I found if I left studying chemistry until the end (i.e. after all my other subjects were done for the day), I could spend as long as I wanted on chemistry then without it affecting my other subjects.

Keep in mind that only the best 6 subjects are used for points, so if you find you're struggling with a certain one, you could drop to Ordinary Level and focus more on the other subjects then. Make sure that you really think this through - you might need HL for a certain course you have in mind, so be sure to look at all the courses you're interested in to see if you need HL in a certain subject. Or if you're enjoying physics, take up another subject like it - I didn't do it myself, but a friend said Applied Maths tends to suit a physics-minded person, so if you have that option, it could be useful.

Advertisement