Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebookers - transatlantic - bags

Options
  • 18-08-2018 10:40pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Booked a holiday for later this year, everything as normal.

My sister was recently looking to book a holiday around the same time, and now every single flight offered by ebookers has charges for baggage, but they say the charges are applied at the airport?

Since when have they started charging for luggage on long hauls?

Are all airlines basically turning in to Ryanair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You sure there's an extra charge? Normally first 23kg checked bag is free, especially when transatlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

You sure there's an extra charge? Normally first 23kg checked bag is free, especially when transatlantic.
    Almost all the airlines now have basic/saver/light fares that do not include checked bags. You need to check the smallprint when booking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yep, 100% sure.

Check it out, check a week in Orlando or Vegas in October.

None of the flights include a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

why not book with the airlines instead of a middle man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

I have a flight, to USA, which is BA but a codeshare with Finnair. It says no baggage, after chatting with Finnair was given a link to BA, which gives 23Kg as cabin allowance. This all seems a bit odd to me. Opinions on the possibility of transatlantic flights with zero baggage, including zero cabin

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement

why not book with the airlines instead of a middle man ?

Works out much better value to book flights and accommodation with ebookers together i’ve Found in the past.

As I said, my booking which was made in June for October includes bags, and I never experienced this issue before.

So somewhere between late June and now, this has become a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pajoguy

I just noticed this yesterday too on both ebookers and Tour America. Its a disaster to have to add the bags for transatlantic. Was pricing for florida and then saw it didnt include bags. I understand some people travel light but u cant with a family to orlando for 2 weeks. Especially when u will want to bring home shopping etc. And its 1 less thing to worry about doing at the airport!

Yep, wouldn’t mind if you could pay when booking, but you have to physically pay the airline in the airport.

Absolute madness

Advertisement