Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Grout Remover

Options
  • 18-08-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get one of the attachments into this electric grout remover. Has anyone ever used one of these or can advise? Brand is Plasplugs. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get one of the attachments into this electric grout remover. Has anyone ever used one of these or can advise? Brand is Plasplugs. Thanks.

I'm only guessing now Anne but did you try to remove the blue cone shaped piece at the top of the tool?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Put the attachment in and tighten the bit.

https://youtu.be/ptOmCh8hDa8

• Registered Users Posts: 45 anneperkins

i did, it wont budge unfortunately

i did, it wont budge unfortunately

From the pictures it looks like it needs to be removed to fit in the allen key.

There seems to be a gap in it that might possibly allow a clip to be unlocked with a small flat tool.

I'm still guessing by the way, never used one before.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

From the pictures it looks like it needs to be removed to fit in the allen key.

There seems to be a gap in it that might possibly allow a clip to be unlocked with a small flat tool.

I'm still guessing by the way, never used one before.

That would be my guess too. If you have a small flat head screwdriver, pry off the blue cone

• Advertisement

Anne?

Come on now Anne, you got me worried here.

That actually worked! I had to twist the hexagonal bit around which revealed a hole for the allan key! Thanks so much!

Great stuff, now you can tackle the hard work.

Great stuff, now you can tackle the hard work.

Haha yes unfortunately don’t have a choice now! Thanks for the help.

Advertisement