Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel bag

Options
  • 18-08-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    myself and my son are going to the UK in a couple of weeks and bringing my child's racing wheelchair with us.
    The chair has 3 wheels, 2 are 20" and the third one is 15" approx.
    I need to source a travel bag for the wheels while on the flight and am not sure what I need tbh.
    Can I get one bag for the 3wheels or do I need 2 bags for the different sizes?
    Have tried a couple of bicycle supposed to near me but they didn't stock bags.
    Has anyone any idea where I might be able to get a bag in a bricks and mortar shop as I would like to be able to try them before we go.
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but thought the cycling forum would be the best place for this.
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Where are you based. If near Balbriggan free to borrow some of mine,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

RobFowl wrote: »
    Where are you based. If near Balbriggan free to borrow some of mine,

Thanks very much for the offer, am in Kildare so a bit too far away.
    Would 1 bag do me?
    We are only getting started doing the wheelchair racing so probably better off getting myself set up, I just have no idea about any of the gear I need.
    Thanks again for the offer of a loan though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Standard wheel bags would usually just fit one. There are double ones though which you may get 3 chair wheels into.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Ive a double and 2 singles your welcome to. Im in Stillorgan.

Advertisement