Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham

Options
  • 18-08-2018 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Planning on going to Cheltenham next year and was just looking into booking tickets recently. Can get a discount if you book now - 31e for Best Mate and 76e for the Club Enclosore for example. Is it only through the official website you can book or is there any method to getting them even cheaper? Also, i'm guessing people would recommend the Club Enclosure for the best experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Degag wrote: »
    Hi all,

Planning on going to Cheltenham next year and was just looking into booking tickets recently. Can get a discount if you book now - 31e for Best Mate and 76e for the Club Enclosore for example. Is it only through the official website you can book or is there any method to getting them even cheaper? Also, i'm guessing people would recommend the Club Enclosure for the best experience?

Hi,

I resurrected my account from the dead to reply lol!

I have gone the last few years and always got club. I wouldn’t go for best mate. Perhaps I’m wrong but as far as I’m aware it’s more of a “session” zone so depends on what you’re after.

I only buy through the jockey club just because they are so expensive that I’d rather know I’m buying from a legit source.

It’s a fantastic week And so worth it. You can save money in other ways to compensate.

We stay about 30 mins away using Airbnb. We drive and park (watch the helicopters flying in) and eat in the car before we go in. Food inside is verrry expensive! If I remember correctly, a burger and chip was £14. Accommodation is Cheltenham is very expensive. You get a bit wiser every time you go. I’ve my trip organised already, can’t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Either buy club enclosure tickets or don't bother going would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've done all 3 sections over the past few years. Club definitely worth the extra few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I have been there about 18 of the last 20 years. I think I'm going to skip it any more, unless I'm involved in something that's running. Getting tired of it. I think the Club ticket is a bit expensive. I always get a tatts ticket and slip into the Club via the back of the Mandarin bar. Under the steps, beside the coffee kiosk for anyone that can place it.
    We have always stayed in the town, great craic at night time.
    Actually contemplating going one of the resorts in the south of Spain next year for the few days of it. Supposed to be good craic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Club are a bit expensive but you stay in Cheltenham town... surely the accommodation in the town surpasses the few extra quid on a Club ticket :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah. Its gone expensive in there. A house we used to get for about £800 was gone up to £1,500 last year. And that was just for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

When I first started going 12 yrs ago a pint was about £3 it’s now £5:20 on track , prices off track more reasonable, track are really gouging

Also, slightly bigger issue is racing attracting new people into the game, it’s brought its fare share of idiots like we saw at Goodwood/Ascot and Cheltenham 2 yrs ago, last couple of years I’ve noticed a marked increase in messers at the track who have no interest in racing, more interest in stuffing coke up their noses

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

My siblings and I are looking at sending our parents to Cheltenham next March for their 50th anniversary. It’s something they have always wanted to do.

Our biggest concern is availability of seating as they are both in their early 70s. Which area would those of you who have experience of the venue recommend for them? We are looking at sending them on the Thursday and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Seating is tricky to get. I know the members have a large area reserved. I suspect most if not all is assigned to corporate hospitality but I could be wrong

I generally rest in the Centaur , there are always seats available upstairs away from the crowd

Not the best place to be sending people in their 70's that haven't been there before to be honest. Unless they got some sort of a hospitality package. Which will cost a package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

Hi, What about sending them this november instead of march?
    1/2 the crowd at march, lots of seating etc..
    march way too busy!
    BR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

chancer007 wrote: »
    Hi, What about sending them this november instead of march?
    1/2 the crowd at march, lots of seating etc..
    march way too busy!
    BR

The Saturday of November meeting can be busy, but Sunday is great and really easy to find a seat upstairs in the stand

Advertisement